Holy Smokes - Earthquake in Virginia?

    Well today was supposed to be a last ditch effort to work in my room before official workdays begin next week.  It wasn't very productive...but it was interesting!  As I was eating lunch with my son, my buddy Stephanie and several teacher kids we heard a loud booming and the ground shook.  Now, we live near the Marine Base of Quantico where we often feel shaking from bombing or helicopters...but this was something WAY different.  I knew it was an earthquake right away.  Stephanie grabbed the kids and her chickfila sandwich and herded us out to the hallway.  The quake lasted about 2 minutes.  We were all sort of in shock and then the girls started crying.  Luckily it was over very fast...and we gathered with the others outside.

       We soon found out it was a 5.9 leveled Earthquake - epicenter about 45 minutes from our house.  I have lived here all my life and NEVER felt one before...it was something I won't soon forget!  I have to say that I was glad no one got hurt, and there were only a handful of children in the building.  I can't imagine what it would have been like with a school full of children!!

      Here is the damage from my husband's PE room.  My son and his friend Chase found it during a walk through the school! 

Unbelievable!

Anyway, still hoping to get my first FREE item up at TPT today...Working on that in the next few minutes!



    

Popular posts from this blog

A Novel History of Psychology

Chocoalate...Sink and Float

Pets in the Classroom